But on Wednesday i was counting down the minutes until the Harvard acceptance letters were sent out. I was getting very anxious for my brother, Jordan, who applied.
At 5:30pm, the appointed time for dispersement, my heart fluttered. I called my mother frantically at 6pm when i had not receive the anticipated call before then.. She innocently asked if it was already that time and i was appalled that she they had not been counting down the minutes like i was. So, they went and checked his email with the promise that they would call me back as soon as they had.
Well, ---HE WAS ADMITTED!! HARVARD CLASS OF 2013!!-- (but will really be in the Class of 2015 because of his honorable decision to serve a mission for the Lord)
I could not have been happier. His telephone call was one i will never forget.. Although i didnt hear much he said after relaying the news (because i was being quite noisy myself)- The feeling i felt was one of those that doesnt come around very often.. And it is one you cant quite reproduce in words.
He will be out East with me next year!!! Few things beat the euphoria accompanied with how that rolls off of the fingers from my keyboard to the illuminated screen in front of me. I keep pinching myself thinking im living in a dream world.. but i assure you- these bruises tell me this is the real deal!
He was also accepted into Brown University where he has a spot on the track team.. Im pretty sure he has chosen to join the Crimson power:) I couldnt be happier. --Is there an up to go from here? -- i say yes, but only because i believe in a loving Heavenly Father who continues to bless me beyond measure. He will continue to refine me-through both the peaks and the dips-:)

No comments:
Post a Comment